Wednesday, January 18, 2006

No risk, No reward !

Take a good look at what's left of your life and
decide to make it count.
Life's saddest words are found on a tombstone that reads:
"When it came time to die, I had not lived."
It's frightening to take risks and try new things.
We think, " What if Ifail?" What if you do?
It won't be your first mistake.
And no matter howbad it is it probably won't be your worst mistake.
And unless you fail at something really spectacular l
like attempting to climb Mount Everest or
swim the English Channel, it probably won't be your last mistake. One
thing you can count on, whichever way it goes you'll grow in wisdom,
experience and character. In other words,
you'll become wiser for just having tried.
Rick Warren writes: "I could have taken a hundred gift and
ability tests as a young man and
would never have discovered that I was gifted at teaching,
because I had never done it! It was only after
I began accepting opportunities to speak that I saw the results,
received confirmation from others and realized God has gifted me to do this."
Unless you're willing to risk getting involved you're not going to know
what you're good at. The road to success is never mistake-free. But
then, neither is the road to failure. So the choice is yours. That's why
Paul writes, "Make a careful exploration of who you are and the work you
have been given, and then sink yourself into that" ( Galatians 6:4 TM).
No risk, no reward!

No comments: